Thursday, May 19, 2011

Movie Review: Insidious

Just have my another movie during my semester break, you all maybe think I am kinda rich for watching around 4 movie in one week? But who cares, I just a movie-holic. Yesterday actually wanted to watch Pirates of Caribbean but already promise my friend to watch it today, so I watch Insidious~ Wooooo.... based on the name it is a horror movie and I seldom watch horror movie since I am person that easily get scared but this time I not really care anymore since this movie is the same producer as "SAW" that really make me looking forward for it.


The movie poster

Based on the poster and the movie name I at 1st expecting something like demon possessing but actually it is not. It say about a boy that can leave his soul from his body and become a traveler when he is asleep. However one day he lost himself when traveling and the demon and ghosts wanted to get his body that is spiritless as a vessel. Then many ghosts appear and supernatural things happen. Then his dad also a astral (means can get his soul out of his body) go and find his son. And his son actually been chain by a devil. A freaking devil. Then his father childhood horror also come back and haunt his father.

Overall the story is a "shocking" one since it keep scare you from nowhere. The storyline is a bit funny since at the end it become like a hero fighting monsters to save his son. Many of the shocking part really make my heart stop and just wanted to shout "WTF" but maybe is because i am too timid. I expecting something gross since it from "SAW" producer, however there is nothing gross at all just some freaking ghost that scared my shit off me.

If wanted to compare with Thailand and japan horror movie, It kinda lose them in sense of ghost design and how the ghost appear. But for a western horror (ghost) movie it is a breakthrough that really make me impress in scaring us with some zombie look ghost that I normally will not scare of.

Here is the rating,
storyline: 5/10
props: 6/10
horror elements: 8/10
effects: 7/10
overall: 7/10

It is a great horror movie that keep scare and shock you. So remember don't eat your popcorn and drink your coke when the scene is at night specially. It sure will spill all over the place. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment